Garden Scrapbooking

Monday, June 12, 2006

Notes from my journal - June 12th

· It rained 9 out of 10 of the first 10 days in June. Saturday it didn't rain, but it was too cold and windy to work outdoors. It might be the middle of June, but our furnace is still coming on at night!

· I couldn't find any Bt locally, so the handpicking of caterpillars is continuing.

· The area where I plan on planting cucumbers was thick with tall weeds, so yesterday that area was string-trimmed and raked. I still have a few perennials that I need to dig out of that area, before I cover it all with black plastic.

· These are some of the plants that are blooming in my gardens right now:
Large leafed rhododendrons
Rugosa rose 'Therese Bugnet'
Potentilla 'Abbottswood'
Hepseris
Lupines
Oriental Poppies
Bearded Irises
Siberian Irises
Painted Daisies
Columbines (Aquilegias)
Linum perenne
Daylily 'Stella D'Oro'
Old-fashioned Bleeding Hearts
Woodland Bleeding Heart
Knautia macedonica
Perennial Geraniums
Alpine Asters
Creeping Baby's Breath (G. repens)
Dianthus Alwoodii
Veronica liwanensis
Cerastium tomemtosum
Mother-of-Thyme

1 Comments:

  • Hi Trudi:-) Thank you so much for visiting my blog and hopefully will see you there often!! As you could tell with the tribute to my dad, I still miss him an awful lot. Like you, I enjoy gardening and I tried my hand at scrapbooking for the first time back in April...if you check my archives for that month, you should find the post where I put all the pictures I took of my first scrapbook:-) Take care and you're welcome to visit my blog anytime!!

    By Blogger Carole Burant, at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home